A week ago I posted links to some fall-inspired appetizer recipes. I tried several, and here were my results:
- These are super-easy to make
- WB seemed to like them, but I didn’t.
- However, I made them too thin – next time I’ll use a thicker mandolin setting
- I didn’t end up making these, ran out of time. Also, you have to heat the oven to 500, I think I’ll wait until it’s colder to try these.
Eggplant Dip: C
- Meh. This came out really bland. I even added some red pepper flakes, but that wasn’t enough to add a kick. Maybe sriracha would save this.
- Yum yum yum. My favorite app ever! I’ll post a recipe for these.
I also served Whole Food’s mango salso with pita chips. And an antipasti platter of prosciutto, salami, fig jam, marinated olives and artichoke hearts, and crackers. My girls brought some various cheeses, but other than that, the entire menu was allergen-friendly. It didn’t even take that much planning, and the tables looked pretty. And yeah, I put a decorative gourd on it.